Are you at risk for cardiovascular disease?
The goal of this program is to help people with risk factors lower their chances of having cardiovascular disease (CVD). CardioPrevent® Health Coaches will develop a tailored personalized plan to improve participants’ well-being and quality of life.
The program is FREE of charge and accepts individuals who are at moderate to high-risk for CVD. Program entry requires a physician or nurse practitioner referral and results are shared with the referring physician.
The program includes:
- Appointments where you will meet your own personal CardioPrevent® health coach, who will make you aware of your risk factors and develop your own personal risk reduction plan.
- Regular follow-up support and guidance.
- A personalized educational package tailored to your cardiovascular risk factors.
- Referrals to services that will help you to meet your personal goals.
The CardioPrevent® staff will support you in your program and make sure it works for you.
- 18 years of age or older
- Referred by physician or nurse practitioner (see referral form below)
- Moderate to high risk for CVD (score determined based on results from physician)
- No known CVD or cerebrovascular disease
Find out which communities our program is visiting next.
Are you at risk? Use our online tool to assess your risk for cardiovascular disease.
How to register for our program:
- Have your doctor or nurse complete the CardioPrevent Referral Form and fax to Prevention and Wellness Centre (PWC) 613-696-7194
- For more information call the Prevention and Wellness Centre at 613-696-7071 or 1-866-399-4432, we can also be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prevention and Wellness Centre
40 Ruskin Street, Room H2353