The HeartWise Food Solution is an educational prepared meal delivery service. We offer short- and long-term solutions to help you enjoy heart-healthy meals that taste great. The HeartWise Food Delivery program creates meals using wholesome ingredients and evidence-based health recommendations and delivers them directly to your door.
What’s in a meal?
The HeartWise menu is based on Mediterranean and Portfolio diets, and is in line with principles from Canada's Food Guide and Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH), which recommend the following:
- Two or more servings of fish per week.
- Limit consumption of higher fat meats to two servings or less per week.
- Include plant-based proteins more often.
HeartWise Meals are Prepared with:
- Fresh herbs and no to low salt seasonings.
- No added sugar.
- Fresh ingredients.
- The use of unsaturated fats like olive oil or canola oil.
- Whole grains and starches.
Each meal portion follows Canada’s Food Guide plate recommendations and contains two servings (about one cup) of vegetables.
- Cook at home: Our heart-healthy food boxes come loaded with fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes.
- Make grocery shopping simple: Shopping for groceries shouldn’t be stressful. We provide you with recipes and the shopping list, so you can get everything you need quickly to make your meal of choice.
Questions and Answers
Q. Where can I learn more about healthy eating habits?
A. There’s more to healthy eating than simply what you eat. We’ve developed a top 10 list of healthy eating habits to help you make informed choices about the food you eat AND how you eat it.
Q. How can I learn more about HeartWise Food Delivery?
A. We’re currently exploring new and exciting ways to help our community to prepare and enjoy healthy meals at home more often. For more information about our service or about heart-healthy food, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your feedback matters to us
Please contact us for more information by sending an email to email@example.com.