Our research Vision is to provide national leadership and research excellence in health behavior research for the prevention, treatment and management of cardiovascular disease.
Our research Mission is to establish a multi-disciplinary centre of excellence in cardiovascular behavioral and risk modification that will:
- Significantly contribute to the understanding of relation between healthy behaviors and CVD at the primary and secondary levels of care;
- Develop and evaluate risk modification and behavioral strategies to treat and manage the related health consequences arising from CVD;
- Advance a group of scholars committed to discovery, knowledge transfer, student engagement, and community service;
- Facilitate the process of transforming our research strengths into leading-edge areas of excellence;
- Provide the support necessary to maximize research potential and the promotion of research collaborations and partnerships;
- Foster effective participation of students in the research enterprise;
- Facilitate exchange between researchers and relevant communities; and
- Promote visibility of the research enterprise.