Being diagnosed with cardiovascular disease often involves taking prescription medication. Medication is most effective when taken as indicated. However, only about 50% of individuals take their medications as prescribed.
Following the presentation, the audience will:
- Name common cardiovascular medications;
- Understand the purpose of the medications;
- State common side effects and strategies to manage side effects;
- Recognize how to take medications safely and effectively, and;
- Recall strategies to support an optimal medication regimen.